Well I have never blogged before but I am so frustrated because my Grandfather died in ww2 and I only briefly seen a picture of him about 35 years ago. I was young and never thought of it at the time to get that picture from my step grandmother who died a few years back. Her name was Rose and she at one time was the love of Charles life. Rose was so young when Charles wanted to marry her and so he married My grandmother Rita instead. My grandparents died so young and tragic my mother never even seen them , she was two years old. Ironically Rose took her and raised her. Was it faith , who knows. The mystery begins , there are so many photos but just where is Charles. I hope someday to visit his grave , afterall I am his legacy.
blogged out for now Linda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hello there. you have a cape ray connection so drop by and sign up to our forum. some info on charles short there also.
http://www.setbb.com/thecapers/
I recently joined a forum with some interesting pics and info about the Short family and Osmond family. One day someone will find a picture. The one I vaguely remember was that he was short, as most all of all of us in the family are, and another is that he wore a salt and pepper cap. He was stalky. With that being said I guess the british empire has to have a photo Id. When I visited the NOFU page I seen That a cecil White from P.A.B. also died the same day and is buried right next to grandfather. I am thinking It was an accident.Who knows.
I am totally in despair that someone could destroy a part of history, and he was .
going bloggers
linda
Well I started to think that maybe it was time to put something on my blog. I have been so busy lately with get ready for spring cleanup and making sure to tie up loose ends, before I venture off to work.I was in contact with a few cousins on a forum who were so much help to me in finding out my roots.I was in Europe last year and didn't know Charles was buried in Scotland, otherwise I might have got a chance to see his grave.
Post a Comment